Bharti Airtel Limited is a leading name when it comes to global telecommunications with products ranging from mobile commerce, fixed line services, high speed DSL broadband, 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, IPTV, DTH, enterprise services etc. Headquartered in New Delhi, India, the company has its branches in more than 20 countries across Asia and Africa.
The Journey Of Being A Brand
The name being a brand in itself was not the case few years back, before 2010 to be precise. Airtel had faced about 31% of loss in its fourth quarter of 2010-11. It had already spent a lot in re-branding but there was fierce competition from others viz. Vodafone’s zoo zoos and Idea’s ‘What an idea, Sir Ji’ and so it failed to match the buzz. In order to make its presence known and strong, the company was keen to find the right way. And yes it found it through Digital Marketing – the next hit thing of the future.
Technology has to be dynamic. It needs to enable the process of designing, and enable the consumer to get close to the brand.
–Christopher Bailey, Chief Creative Officer, Burberry
India is amongst the top 5 Internet users in the world, developing at the rate of over 14%. Airtel understood it in time that India is going to be online and that’s where they will best woo their audience. For this attraction to get converted into long lasting relation, Airtel launched many campaigns which lead it towards success.
The After Success Party
Airtel came up with many campaigns, and most of them left a lasting impression on people. The name became a brand. Some of the campaigns were as:
- Har ek friend jaroori hota hai
- The 4G campaign
And now here we have “Special surprises for Airtel broadband users” campaign
Let’s Dig Deeper:
Campaign Around: Special surprises for Airtel broadband users
Objective: To leverage Social Media Marketing to build lasting relationships.
More About The Campaign: In this campaign Airtel is giving its broad band user surprise gifts in the form of freebies as free data and access to Airtel Movies App etc. The user will have to follow a simple step to enter their Airtel landline number.
Things to be noted:
- Airtel has very wisely shown that how big it is as a brand by putting in the number of its user base i.e. “2 MILLION BROADBAND USERS”.
- Understanding the Indian mindset of their inclination towards freebies.
- The brand gave it a human touch be sharing gifts with its audience
- The use of Facebook and Twitter share buttons will get word of mouth publicity for the brand.
- The brand wins the customer loyalty through rendering freebies.
- And with this strategy, the brand has indirectly involved the customers into a lasting relationship. It’s a Win Win!
Airtel Made It Simple
By following few simple steps, one can get freebies. Here we have it elaborated in screenshots:
- Importance of Social Media and how to use it in the best way.
- How to leverage from the audience’s mindset.
- How to indirectly show the brand power and involve people in lasting relationships.