Did you know that posh actually was never a word but an acronym or short form to describe “port out, starboard home”.
AAMOF (read – as a matter of fact) by giving such power to words acronyms have become the language of internet.
With these shorties being the new cool on social, flaunt your power to decode with our list of most commonly used social media acronyms.
Popular Social Media Acronyms:
- AMA: Ask me anything – All the way from Reddit, AMA refers to a crowd sourced Q&A session. These sessions can be started by anyone and Redditors join in the discussions.
- DM: Direct message – A notable function of Twitter which lets you send private message to another Twitter user.
- ELI5: Explain like I’m five – When you say ELI5 you can be sure to get a simple explanation of a complex query.
- ICYMI: In case you missed it – You get to see it mostly on Twitter. It enables you to catch up with anything important you could have missed.
- OOTD: Outfit of the day – This Instagram hashtag is used when you want to showcase what you are wearing today.
- RT: Retweet – Now this one is quite a known fella, if you like something on twitter you can always RT it to give your approval and also spread it more. After all sharing is caring.
Those Technical Jargons:
- AIDA: Attention, Interest, Desire, Action – A marketing Model which tells the basics of Social Media Marketing.
- CMS: Content Management System – With CMS you can create and modify your content. It is very helpful in case you are working on multiple assignments like blog, social channels, website etc. WordPress, Drupal, Joomla are some of the popular Content Management Systems.
- CRO: Conversion Rate Optimization – It is the measure of effectiveness of your efforts. It is the strategy to increase the actions user take on your initiatives like signing up for a newsletter, clicking on your ad etc.
- CTA: Call to action – As the name suggests a call to action guides a user for the course of action he/she needs to take after a desired task is completed. It can either be filling a form or just viewing a website and the next action which has to be performed.
- CTR: Click-through rate – Ratio showing how often people who see your ad end up clicking it.
- CX: Customer experience – CX is sum of the overall experience a customer has with your business. It includes all the aspects from sales, to your website, to social platforms and your marketing efforts.
- GA: Google Analytics – GA is the web analytics service that helps you track, analyze and report your website traffic.
- KPI: Key performance indicator – KPI is the indicator of what is success to you. For example will filling a form on your website be as important as calling your customer care service for your business. It varies from business to business as per the needs.
- ROI: Return on investment – ROI explains how much profit you are actually making after all the investments.
- RSS: Rich site summary – Also known as really simple syndication is used to publish updated information of news headlines, blog entries, video etc.
- SMM: Social Media Marketing – This refers to gaining traffic and attention through various Social Media sites like Facebook, Twitter etc.
- SMB: Small and midsize businesses – Denoting all the small and medium size businesses.
- SoLoMo: Social, local, mobile – Which also is a part of our company’s name and culture, refers to convergence of collaborative, location-based and on-the-go technologies.
Some More Add-Ons
There are endless number of social media acronyms being used and we have the the most frequent ones for you here:
If we missed out any of the social media acronym do let us know in comments and you will see a new add on in our already long list.
Before you leave check out our Social Media Packages.